The bottom line: With its indoor and outdoor living and dining areas, the Abel Thomas House lifestyle provides a perfect oasis for family or friends.
***Dog friendly (see General Information on Rates and Reservation page for conditions)
The perfect vacation property for the discerning visitor to Niagara on the Lake. It offers all the amenities in an immaculately maintained, tastefully furnished and decorated home, situated on a quiet tree-lined street 2 minutes from the town centre. Abel Thomas House enjoys an excellent reputation for very good reason, and is within a stones throw of unique boutiques, dining, theatres, parks, historic sites, a short walk takes you to the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario and a short drive to world class wineries and a myriad of top class golf courses. It is maintained to a very high standard and furnished with an eclectic mix of antiques and modern furnishings while maintaining a cozy relaxed atmosphere.
Whether you are going to celebrate a ‘special’ birthday, an anniversary, a family or class re-union, friends get-together, are the family or friends of the bride or groom, or simply want to “escape” for a fun time with friends or family, its the perfect choice
- With three bedrooms, one on the ground floor (queen size bed) with ensuite bathroom and jacuzzi tub, and french doors leading out onto a large 2 level deck (perfect for anyone with slight mobility issues, everything needed is on one level), and two bedrooms (one with queen beds and one with 2 twin beds) on the 2nd floor.
- All beds have luxurious tempur-pedic pillow top mattresses, the ultimate in comfort.
- Accommodating to 6-8 people (2 extra people can be accommodated on a very comfortable sofa bed).
- Two three-piece bathrooms, both with in tub showers, one with jacuzzi tub
- It offers two sitting/family rooms - one on the ground floor with ample seating for eight people, a cozy log burning fireplace, a flat screen HD TV with satellite, a Nintendo Wii console and two remote controls plus various games.
- The family room is on the lower level complete with a fireplace, space to relax and watch TV, or play some of the games which are available. There's plenty of reading material too.
- The dining area accommodates a group of 6-8 people for a wonderful gathering of family or friends, where you can just reminisce, enjoy the food, the company, have fun and maybe try some Niagara Wine!!
- The modern fully equipped kitchen has a stove, microwave, dishwasher, fridge with indoor ice-dispenser, coffee maker, kettle, etc. everything needed to prepare meals for a group of friends or family.
- A cappuccino machine is supplied for a delicious early morning cup of coffee, a large electric griddle for anyone wanting to treat the whole group to pancakes, what a great way to start the day! !
- All you need to supply is the food (which is available from the local supermarket, a 5 minute walk away or 2 minute drive).
- Or if you don't want to prepare a meal, order a take-out or dine at one of the many excellent restaurants within walking distance.
- Incidentally, we supply complimentary tea, coffee and sugar, just to make you feel at home while you settle in!
- You can relax in the secluded English-style garden, the large two level deck with patio table and chairs is where you can dine al fresco, surrounded by mature trees and flower filled flower beds.
- There is also a gazebo with seating if you want to just sit quietly with a glass of wine and read or snooze, or maybe sit on the cute front porch and watch the horse drawn carriages clip-clopping by, showcasing to visitors the beauty of the homes, the gardens, historic site etc.
- Washer and dryer with complimentary laundry detergent, fabric softener supplied, iron and ironing board
- All linens and towels supplied, plus complimentary toiletries
- Clock radios in all bedrooms
- Centrally air conditioned
- Crib and booster seat available for small child (please bring your own bedding)
- Free on site parking
- WiFi internet
- Hair dryers in each bathroom
- Propane gas barbecue